Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What's that you say?

Yesterday I when Jackson got home from school, I looked in his bookbag and found that he brought home the same reading book that he had this weekend.  This means one of two things: either his class did not have a volunteer reader today or they did have a reader, but her forgot to get his book out.  The rule with the reading program is that you have to bring back your old book in order to take home a new one.  Time to investigate:

me: Jackson did your class have a reader today?
Jackson: Yes, it was Noni
me: Then why didn't you get a new book?
Jackson: Because I didn't bring back my old one.
me: Well, I put it in your bookbag this morning.
Jackson: No, you didn't.  I looked in there for it.
me:  Here it is right here.  See?  It was in your bag.
Jackson: Oh, I guess I was just blonde.  (meaning blind)

I didn't correct him because I was laughing too hard.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha. i hope he really meant blind because geez kelley you would be teaching him blonde jokes way too early!!

    ReplyDelete