Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Very Merry Un-Birthday to Me!

I love my kids!  They are so sweet! 

Last week I went to band practice.  When I came home Jackson had my bedroom door closed and made me go to his bedroom, the farthest place in our house from my bedroom, until he said to come out.  When I got there he yelled, "OK, YOU CAN COME INTO YOUR BEDROOM NOW!"  When I opened the door, he yelled "SURPRISE!!!!"  He had worked diligently the whole time I was gone drawing all kinds of pictures for me.  Then he taped them all over my room: on the walls, the desk, the bathroom door, everywhere!  It was a surprise party for me, he said.  He was so proud.  And I thought it was so special.  This is pretty typical for Jackson.  Such a sweet kid, always trying to surprise me with things that he thinks will make me happy, usually cooperative and helpful, and a rock star of a big brother!!!

Selah, at this point, seems to have a different personality than Jackson.  Recently Jason and I were out to dinner with some friends, and after describing our kids' personalities to them, they said, "So you have one Golden Retriever and one cat."  I can't think of a better way to describe them right now!  Selah is very sweet and loving, but on her terms.  She's not one to give out affection on demand.  That's why this morning was so special.  She had been playing in one of the kitchen cabinets when I stepped into the next room to talk to Jason before he left for work.  She came to me, grabbed my hand, and said, "'Mone, Mommy. da-day."  I understood the "come on, mommy" part, but had no clue about "da-day".  She led me into the kitchen where I saw a cluster of bottles on the floor: salad dressing, vinegar, honey, etc.  Then she suddenly burst into song, "Ha da-day you you" (happy birthday to you).  It was adorable!  She sang happy birthday to me (3 months early) and had me blow out the candles (the bottles).  What a way to start your day!  Like I said, I love my kids!

1 comment:

  1. awe. how cute.

    i think the 'golden retreiver' and a 'cat' is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete