Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Raising a Girly Girl?

Everyone knows that fashion is not one of my top priorities.  Occasionally I try to "fix up," but it is not a rare event to spot me at the grocery store in sweat pants, an old t-shirt, ponytail and no make-up.  (Oh, if only the Miss NC judges could see me now!  Surely they would think I was Top 10 material!)  My number one consideration in my fashion choices is comfort followed closely by the question "can this be put in the washing machine and dryer and NOT need ironing?".  I choose my kids' clothes by the same criteria.

Did I say "choose my kids' clothes"?  Well, I buy the clothes (usually consignment) and they often get clothes as gifts from their grandparents (new and usually more fashionable).  But while I suggest clothes for them to wear, I am not opposed to them picking out their own clothes provided that they are weather appropriate.  Jackson has been spotted like this:

Selah is just now getting to the age that she occasionally has a preference in clothing.  And usually that preference is dresses.  Girly dresses.  This morning I chose this outfit for her to wear:

But she insisted on wearing this (headband included):

We looked like quite a pair since I was in jean shorts, a race t-shirt, pony tail, no make-up and covered in calamine lotion over poison ivy on my right arm and left leg!

Only time will only tell if I'm raising a true girly girl (just like her Grandma would want it) or her closet will have a wider spectrum of things like cheerleading skirts, barn boots, glittery crowns, and sports cleats like mine was.

No comments:

Post a Comment